Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Internship - Summer 2017
Announcement: Vital Voices is currently accepting applications for up to three Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Internship positions to start in May. Individuals with experience in research and data analysis are encouraged to apply.
About Vital Voices: Through leadership development and training programs around the world, Vital Voices works to expand women's role in generating economic opportunities, increasing political participation, and protecting human rights. Our mission is to identify, invest in and bring visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities. Our Global Leadership Network of women in 144 countries represents the vital voices of our time.
The M&E Internship: This position will support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Department. The Intern will provide critical research and analysis of data across the Vital Voices program portfolio including the development of surveys, analysis and presentation of data. This internship is a great opportunity to learn about M&E and gain experience in applied research as well as current, pressing global women's issues and international women's advocacy.
The internships positions are based in Washington D.C. and are unpaid. Preference will be given to applicants that can commit to at least 20 hrs a week for a minimum of 4 months.
- Proficiency in SPSS, STATA and/or Nvivo strongly preferred
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills, especially creating of charts and graphs.
- Demonstrated maturity to work successfully in high-pressure situations with good humor, grace, and a positive attitude
- Pursuing or completed a graduate degree in non-profit management, economics, statistics or a related field strongly preferred
- Coursework and/or hands-on experience with evaluation methods, including survey design and administration preferred
To apply: Please send letter of interest, resume, writing sample, weekly availability (days/hours), and contact information for two references to Alejandra Garcia Diaz Villamil (email@example.com). Internships are open until filled. Use "Monitoring and Evaluation Internship" as the subject of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls please.