Information, Inc., a subsidiary of SmithBucklin, is looking for an Associate Writer to join its team out of the Bethesda, MD office. Information, Inc. specializes in creating and delivering vital, custom-crafted content to connect organizations with their audiences using editorial and technical expertise and is committed to providing outstanding client service.
What You Will Do
- Write and design e-newsletters and articles to be produced platforms for diverse clients (from small nonprofits to large corporations and major government agencies)
- Research new industry trends, policy changes, developments, and competitors for the clients
- Interact with clients when issues arise and consult with them on a regular basis
This Role Might Be for You if…
- You enjoy working on a variety of projects simultaneously
- You enjoy multitasking and are deadline-driven
- You are a team player that appreciates feedback and collaboration
- You are service-oriented and are passionate about making a difference
- Your preferred style of content is long-form writing
- You are driven to continue learning new skills
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or similar discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills
- Experience with AP style copy editing
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.