Hagar International is a faith-based, human rights organization founded in Cambodia in 1994, expanded into Afghanistan in 2008 and then into Vietnam in 2009. Using a unique model of social rehabilitation and economic empowerment, Hagar has become a globally recognized subject matter expert in how to restore the lives of women and children who have experienced the trauma of trafficking, slavery and abuse. In every country where they work, Hagar courageously follows Jesus’ call to serve those who have suffered oppression and injustice, regardless of their background or beliefs. Hagar’s vision is communities free and healed from the trauma of trafficking, slavery and abuse.
Hagar USA, founded in 2005, is a 501c3 organization based in Charlotte, North Carolina that exists to support the work of Hagar International through fundraising, education and awareness building. Hagar USA is currently seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director to lead their efforts to provide financial support to Hagar International’s restoration programs as well as educate and build awareness about how their programs can build capacity in the United States for organizations serving those traumatized by trafficking, slavery and abuse. The Executive Director will report to Hagar’s USA’s volunteer Board of Directors and be involved primarily in writing grants, developing new and maintaining existing donor relationships and working in partnership with the Hagar International CEO to identify opportunities to develop new funding streams in the United States.
Requirements for candidates:
• Successful fundraising and leadership experience with a faith-based or social services non-profit organization including development of fundraising and strategic plans.
• Agree with and be committed to Hagar International and Hagar USA’s vision, mission, goals and Christian orientation and can demonstrate a compassion for vulnerable women and children. Please visit http://www.hagarinternational.org and http://www.hagarusa.org to learn more.
• Substantial experience in foundation, corporate, government restricted and non-restricted grant proposal development, writing, tracking and reporting.
• Experience reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors is preferred.
• College degree, preferably at a master’s level in business or non-profit management.
• Outstanding communicator, verbally and in writing.
• Strong relationship building skills; collaborative team player.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and a CRM database. Salesforce.com experience would be a plus.
• Living in or near Charlotte, North Carolina is preferred.
Expressions of interest in the form of a cover letter stating the reasons why you would like to work for Hagar USA and a resume (clearly outlining relevant achievements) should be forwarded to Betsy McCall, firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Christi Panter, email@example.com. The Reisa Group, Inc. (www.reisagroup.com) is an approved retained search vendor for Hagar, USA.