Senior Subcontracts Administrator
- Full Time
Conducts negotiation and administration of government subcontracts.
* Administer subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting, and product delivery for major contracts.
* Negotiates subcontract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
* Coordinates approval of negotiations of subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
* Modifies subcontracts and participates in vendor reseller agreement negotiations when required.
* Coordinates with program managers to ensure subcontract requirements are fulfilled.
* Reviews and approves subcontractor invoices.
* May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced subcontract administrators
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant subcontract procedures and practices.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities
* Requires strong and effective communication (both written and verbal), and analytical skills.
* Working knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in subcontracts administration.
* Working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFAR, TINA and CAS.
* Working knowledge of CPSR requirements.
* Effective administrative and organizational skills.
* The ability to obtain a security clearance if required
* Ability to speak a foreign language
A candidate should also have the ability to:
* Learn and work in procurement and financial systems
* Display flexibility and willingness to perform as part of a team
* Work independently in a fast-paced geographically dispersed environment
* Manage multiple priorities
* Other requirements include:
* Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and various types of contracts, including FFP, CPFF, and IDIQ T&M
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
* Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Oral and Written Communication Skills
* Negotiation Skills
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint
* Prefer experience in commercial and international subcontracting.
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* 5-8 years of related experience in subcontract administration
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.