Principal Software Developer / Engineer - TS/SCI - Germany
US Army Europe is seeking an experienced, self-directed, and self-motivated application developer to create and adapt both intelligence processing and business management applications to suit the specific requirements of the theater. This position offers the unique opportunity to develop novel solutions to information sharing problems, and provide a developer with interesting challenges including bringing together data hosted on separate systems and effectively delivering content to users on low-bandwidth links.
A qualified candidate will possess experience with both front- and back-end web application development, the software development process, and system performance tuning. An ability to identify and correct gaps and shortfalls with software systems, and the ability to present technical information to managers and decision makers in a clear and easy to understand manner is essential.Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Previous experience working with Army intelligence systems, NATO FAS systems, MAJIIC 2 standards, ArcGIS, and SharePoint experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products,or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related software development experience.
* An active Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
* Minimum, active DoD IAT Level II certification (Security+CE)
* Must be approved for German TESA
* A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
* An associate's degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
* A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
* HS diploma plus 11 years of recent specialized experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany