Sr Administrator, Systems
Seeking a TS/SCI Unix (Ubuntu/Redhat preferred) Systems Administrator for support of Unix/Windows based operating systems to manage the functionality and efficiency of the heterogeneous environment. Candidates must have familiarity installing and maintaining open-source applications and services. Applicants must be willing to undergo and pass a CI Poly.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems; server imaging/integration
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts
4. Performs system backups
5. Performs system monitoring and performance analysis
6. May perform data ingesting and monitoring
7. Manages DNS; LDAP; Kerberos and network server maintenance
8. Maintains system documentation
9. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
10. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery
11. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
12. Performs scripting (Python or Perl desired)
13. Provides advice and training to end-users
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
15. Participates in special projects as required
16. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
17. 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Strong work ethics: ability to work independently and as part of a multi-contractor team in support of mission requirements
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.