Membership Account Manager
Membership Account Manager Organization Description
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing over 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, cleans our air and water, and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 260,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Membership Account Manager reports to the Membership Director. The core function of this position is to handle the day to day account management of SEIA’s member companies, specifically retention and renewals. Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead customer service efforts by creating and maintaining relationships with current member companies.
- Invoicing member companies and collecting annual dues.
- Develop strategies to effectively exceed retention objectives with a focus on revenue and net gain growth. Benchmark best practices with other campaign-style fundraising operations and utilize the expertise of successful staff members in order to develop innovative approaches for short and long-term growth.
- Respond to member requests by both e-mail and telephone.
- Onboard new SEIA members by sending a welcome e-mail, setting up and executing an onboarding webinar, and following up with useful benefits to keep them engaged.
- Create new benefits and campaigns to increase member engagement.
- Take the lead on efforts to effectively integrate the Membership Department’s activities with other departments throughout SEIA.
- Work both independently and as a team to collectively achieve retention goals
Minimum 2 years’ experience with membership and customer service, experience in association preferred but not required. Advanced skills or experience with CRM database (preferred skills in Salesforce CRM and data.com). Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage relationships. Passion to grow within both position and organization. Interest in renewable energy and solar technology preferred but not required.
SEIA compensation is competitive and will commensurate with experience.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with the subject “2017-2 Membership Account Manager.” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.