3 days left
- Full Time
- Plans, prepares and presents lesson plans, assignments, instructional materials for Visually Impaired students including provision of support to "mainstreamed" students, curriculum development, pilot testing of new materials, development of awareness/orientation programs for staff members, coordination of inter- and intra-agency support services for students and their families.
- Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of Visually Impaired students.
- Demonstrates and uses teaching strategies to present subject matter to students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
- Maintains discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning.
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy/Administrative Regulation.
- Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
- Performs functional vision and learning media assessments.
- Interprets eye medical reports as they related to educational environments.
- Serves on special committees.
- Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.