Temporary Food Service Worker I (Substitute)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to all U.S.D.A. guidelines established for the Child Nutrition Program and all AACPS policies and procedures and division memoranda.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of a variety of foods.
- Assures that standardized recipes, portion controls and procedures using leftovers are followed.
- Arranges serving lines with foods, beverages, serving utensils and other items. Replenishes all items during meal service.
- Serves food to students and adults, maintaining correct portioning and high food quality standards. Plates meals only as customer is served.
- Maintains daily food and milk inventories.
- Participates in approved cleaning and safety practices to insure that sanitary and safe conditions are maintained. Adheres to sanitation standards as outlined in COMAR.
- Operates all kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Stores food and supplies in accordance with instructions and assists in taking inventory.
- Performs cashier duties, accounts for all meals served, and completes necessary records, as assigned.
- Records information accurately, as assigned.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Performs all work responsibilities utilizing appropriate safety practices.
- Performs other related duties.