Coordinator - Integrated Math - Elementary
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts strategic planning and the development of all innovative mathematical programs and curriculum materials intended for grades (grades one through five); serves on or chairs committees to review, modify, develop and/or evaluate mathematical programs and resources.
- Demonstrates effective teaching pedagogy and techniques; demonstrates multicultural diversity practices.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the Standards for Mathematical Practice in order to infuse them into all components of the math office's work.
- Visits schools to observe and evaluate teaching methods, counsels and assists in curricular related issues, program planning and implementation.
- Partners with colleagues to provide leadership and professional development for the division’s resource staff to assist them with innovative approaches for mathematics instruction support.
- Plans and conducts professional development focusing on increasing capacity for mathematics programs; counsels new personnel or student interns as needed.
- Conducts Mathematics program observations, evaluates instructional delivery and develops improvement plans to improve academic achievement.
- Develops summative and formative assessments for the mathematics program that are aligned with Maryland College and Career Ready Standards.
- Analyze district data to make informed decisions to ensure alignment between what is being taught and assessed.
- Understands the mathematical progressions to ensure assessment coherence in the Pre-K through 12 mathematics office.