Sr. Manager, Research & Measurement
Manages the Explorations area at CAQH. Explorations is responsible for managing the coordinated CAQH data-driven research agenda consisting of both internally identified and externally-focused research projects. The Exploration research portfolio is comprised of both ongoing established projects, and new research opportunities that require the Senior Manager to define, launch and steer as a result of industry and CAQH needs. Projects are expected to promote the CAQH reputation as a thought-leader and trend setter in the area of the business of healthcare simplification. The Senior Manager will serve as an advisor to the CAQH management team. The position is full-time exempt.
• Successful annual execution, oversight and evolution of the CAQH Index, which reports on data from over 5 billion healthcare transactions.
o Holds both day to day ongoing project design responsibilities, including data recruitment, collection and analyses methodologies.
o Creates, expands and oversees the number of participating organizations.
o Manages contracted vendors that perform statistical analysis, data collection, peer review and participant recruitment.
o Gathers, analyzes and interprets a wide variety of data, and review analysis of contractors.
o Maintains a current understanding of industry trends that influence the Index methodologies and can inform CAQH as it evolves the Index.
o Serves as the staff liaison to the Index Advisory Council and manages Council.
o Proactively trouble-shoots potential issues; recommends and implements resolutions.
• Support and management of the CAQH research data priorities.
o Collaborates with Managing Directors to develop, recommend and guide CAQH to prioritize the benchmarking, measurement and analysis CAQH must undertake to support the continued growth and credibility of CAQH.
o Supports product or business development, communication needs or market intelligence CAQH wants to share as a thought leader.
o Undertakes projects whose goals may be provided to, or driven by, Explorations; projects range from publically issued data reports to study design recommendations.
• Collaborates with CAQH Communications & Marketing on gaining market understanding and awareness of the Exploration reports or findings, including the CAQH Index.
• Considers potential partnerships to expand existing efforts related to the Index, other research activities, or to provide mutual strategic, tactical or financial value.
• Prepares progress reports containing details to effectively inform appropriate CAQH Board, Index Advisory Council and staff.
• Supports analytical needs of other CAQH departments as needed.
• Proactively develops and maintains a project-management reporting system.
• Prepares professional documents and represents CAQH in a professional manner at conferences, Board meetings and other relevant internal/external forums.
• Works with Managing Director to develop annual budget for Explorations and subsequently manages approved budget.
• Manages graduate-level internship program.
• Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
• External subject matter experts (SMEs) at various contracted firms.
• Graduate-level interns and/or junior level staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across organizational levels as well as external stakeholders.
• Management skills to evolve a cross-functional research role within an organization.
• Ability to define a coordinated set of project goals, deliverables, and timelines.
• Very strong writing and speaking skills required.
• Knowledge of industry best practices with regard to data privacy.
• Ability to be a team player as well as a team leader.
• Proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
• High level of initiative and self-motivation.
• Ability to interpret and present complex information.
• Proven data-driven research methodology creation and refinement skills.
• Advanced skills in statistical analysis and measurement software required. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint necessary.
• Six or more years of experience in a health care services research environment or a corporate healthcare setting with a research agenda. Ph.D. research may also apply.
• Three or more years of experience in managing a range of healthcare research projects and related staff and/or contracted consultants.
• Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization, coordinate multiple work efforts, and translate business needs into practical projects.
• Proven ability to write and present, in small and large venues, clear and concise reports which contain complex data and concepts.
• Lead researcher on at least two complex projects that resulted in a public deliverable with stated data methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree and Masters of Science degree with an emphasis on statistics, informatics, economics, or related field required.
• Ph.D. in a related field highly desirable.