Provides daily production support resulting in monthly issues (print and/or digital) of the American Rifleman, American Hunter, America’s 1st Freedom, Shooting Illustrated, NRA Family Insights, and Shooting Sports USA magazines in an accurate and punctual manner according to established quality standards and policies.
1. Assists with coordination of all requirements for advertising material with special attention and additional work required on digital ads. Includes constant customer contact, maintaining accurate records, generating internal reports, and assisting the Production Operations Manager.
2. Assists with receiving and routing all advertising material for each magazine, each issue.
3. Monitors advertisements and knows where they are at any time during the issue cycle.
4. Assists with receiving and routing all FPO books, either in hard copy or digital format. Ensures inserts are properly placed and identified.
5. Prepares PDF files for digital editions. Assists with proofing and routing digital editions, and coordinates all correspondence with vendor.
6. Sends proof copies to advertiser/agency upon request, within Department’s standard operating procedures.
7. Returns advertising reproduction material to include digital ad disk when applicable to advertiser/agency upon request.
8. Assists with the inspection of advertising material, along with the corresponding insertion order, ensuring material is in the size and quality required per printer’s specifications.
9. Maintains advertiser/agency contact to obtain advertising material and handle coordination.
10. Coordinates daily with Advertising staff and advertising sales staff on advertising contained in each magazine, each issue (for example, copy approval preparation, complete and accurate rundowns, regional/remnant advertisements, supplied inserts, etc.).
11. Responsible for all changes required by advertisers to existing or new advertising material (for example, key changes, changes of address and/or phone number, etc.) as approved by the Production Operations Manager or the Production & Advertising Operations Director.
12. Maintains complete and accurate advertising reproduction material files to include, but not limited to, Epson proofs and digital files until the issue is pulled and sent to the printer for publication.
13. Assists Production Operations Manager with computerized archiving and storage of digital ads for future use.
14. Provides day-to-day as well as long-term back-up for the Production Operations Manager.
15. Travels as assigned.
16. Extended hours required.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Coordinates with other Publications staff, other NRA divisions, advertising sales representatives, advertisers, agencies, printers and other vendors. Occasional contact with NRA members and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or relevant work experience in publications production. Two to three years experience in printing and/or publication production required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Conversant with all phases of publications production and advertising services functions. Ability to communicate effectively. Good interpersonal and problem solving skills required. Well versed in advertising and printing terms and functions. Ability to work independently and under pressure of deadlines. Ability to meet strict deadlines. Attention to detail and accuracy mandatory. Excellent organizational skills and flexibility mandatory. Working knowledge of InDesign, MS Office Suite, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator. Working knowledge of Macintosh OSX operating system and network environment, 4-color process, basic page layout, PDF workflow, font management and color proofing. Hands-on experience with various types of office equipment required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us