AFPM is the premier trade association for the refining and petrochemical industry, representing over 90 percent of our nation's fuel and petrochemical manufacturers. The association is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the heart of the K Street corridor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. Supports IT Manager in analysis, troubleshooting, and evaluation of computer network issues. Assists with the upkeep of the organization’s IT infrastructure. Support multiple services to ensure operation of systems including premise hosting, virtual machines, network infrastructure, and service offerings through one or more cloud service providers.
- Support for productivity and collaboration services including but are not limited to, Skype for business, SharePoint, OneDrive for business, MS Office Suite and GoToMeeting.
- Develop, maintain, and update training materials and guidance including guidance for applications and web sites.
- Maintain end-user’s hardware and software inventories and identify potential strategies to upgrade systems based on user’s needs and latest technology trends.
- Onboard/offboard employees in Active Directory and provide initial training and orientation when necessary. Manage security objects in an Active Directory environment (Create accounts, reset password, disable accounts, etc.)
- Install software patches or upgrades on systems manually or via automated tools.
- Ensuring that the technology needs of the staff are met.
- Evaluate current technology needs, settings, and differences in products and services and make recommendations for defining new technology needs and support.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and the ability to procure equipment and assist completing procurements of hardware.
- Maintains and provides support for the organization’s fax and multi-function device fleet.
- Contribute to and maintain systems, software and IT security standards
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
B.S. Degree or equivalent relevant work experience; Technical certification is a plus
3 -5 years experience with Office 2010/2013/2016, Windows 7/8/10, Active Directory, Windows networks and Office365
Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft operating systems, Cisco Networks, Wireless Technologies
An aptitude for providing positive customer service.
Experience within a Desktop Helpdesk/Call Center environment.
Good communication, problem solving and technical writing skills.
Be able to successfully pass an extensive background investigation
Qualified, interested candidates should forward cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and (3) employment references (current and/or past employers only) to email@example.com.Only direct applications will be considered; resumes received via placement agency or other third party will not be reviewed.