Sr Logistics Analyst - TS SCI Req'd
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related experience in logistics, traffic and/or supply chain management.
Manages warehouse and storage facilities. Completes, submits and tracks requests for material/equipment. Receives, inventories and ships equipment and disposes of equipment per IAW standard Government practices. Maintains Property Management databases, local procurement funds and expendable items and maintains local and program logistics operating instructions. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. Must have a valid driver's license and be able and comfortable to operate vehicles up to large pickups or box trucks on local streets and freeways.
Experience and ability to operate Windows operating system including outlook and excel are required. Effective ability to work with computers is required as part of this position.
Attention to detail is required.
Experience working with Information Technology equipment is highly desired.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.