Development and Program Intern
Purpose: To further the mission of Arlington Thrive by assisting with fundraising events, development, and program activities.
Description: Arlington Thrive seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist development, marketing, communications, program, and administrative efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of development and operations while working for a well-known community based nonprofit organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the marketing and logistics for fundraising events.
- Provide support for on-going development activities including prospect research, grant writing support, and program marketing.
- Develop social media marketing, recruitment, and updates for events including Facebook updates, tweets, and website posts.
- Manage donor data in software programs.
- Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters.
- Attend and participate in event related activities and meetings.
- Conduct research in relation to on-going programs.
- Support dad to day office operations.
- Other projects as assigned by staff.
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to priorities.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter).
- Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Have the ability to travel as needed to perform internship duties.
- Currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree at a university, college, or trade school, in a related field.
- At least a sophomore class standing/ranking.
- This internship is open to all majors; emphasis on Nonprofit Management, Fundraising, Event Planning, Business Administration, Operations Management, and Project Management.
Work Schedule/Time Commitment: 10-15 hours minimum per week during school and 20-25 hours minimum per week during summer.
Stipend: This internship provides a small stipend.
Responsible to: Director of Development, Executive Director, and Operations Manager