Program Chair, Intelligence Management
Collegiate Faculty/Program Chair
The Graduate School
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program Chair for a specialization within the MS in Management Program, the Intelligence Management Program. UMUC is one of twelve degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM). Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC's innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends. Currently, more than 42,000 students attend UMUC nationally, and an additional 33,852 students attend UMUC at on site classes in more than 25 countries throughout the world; about 56,000 students are active duty military, veterans, and their families. In 2013, UMUC had over 261,000 online course enrollments.
The Program Chair manages the development, promotion and direction of Intelligence Management specialization of the MS Management to include developing new degrees and courses; recruiting and monitoring faculty; teaching courses; participate in the Graduate School's competency based program re-design; other job duties as assigned. This position reports to the Vice Dean of the Business and Management Department.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing the development, promotion, and direction of the Intelligence Management specialization within the MS in Management program.
- Preparing, developing, and administering new degrees and courses within the specialization
- Leading the programs' transitions to competency-based programs, to include creating, developing course content, and administering new courses.
- Recruiting, mentoring, and supervising faculty.
- Teaching courses within the specializations.
- Participation in the Graduate School's Enhanced Learning Model program re-design initiative, including redesigning courses, learning resources, and assignments.
- Performing other job-related assignments.
- Program Chair will be expected to work onsite at the University's Academic Center in Largo
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Terminal degree highly preferred, candidates with a master's will be considered.
- 10 years of professional and/or managerial work experience in an intelligence-related field.
- Three years of teaching experience with excellent student evaluations, preferably online with adult, established part-time students.
- Excellent administrative, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing diverse teams and projects.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educational and professional experience in intelligence from an accredited institution of higher learning is preferable, although otherwise strong candidates with experience in one area will be considered.
- Experience with competency-based education, teaching and mentoring and developing curriculum in new programs.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.