The EMMES Corporation, organized in 1977, is a privately owned Contract Research Organization (CRO) located in Rockville, Maryland. EMMES is dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems development, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in clinical and biomedical research. EMMES is seeking a Bioinformatics Programmer.
- Establish, enhance, and benchmark NGS data processing workflows locally or in the cloud
- Develop tools for data processing, analysis, reporting, and interpretation of NGS and other –omics data
- Manage large volumes of NGS data and result file collections (cloud import/export, data QC, file meta-data collection, process monitoring/tracking, etc.) as well as QC traditional clinical trial data
- Prepare SOPs, document source code/workflows, and write reports to summarize computational requirements, processing status, and analysis results
- B.S. or M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Demonstrated computer programming skills in scripting languages (Perl and/or Python) and statistical computing (R)
- Experience in developing and querying relational databases (MySQL, SQLite, or similar)
- Comfortable using Linux command line and manipulating terabyte volumes of data
- Experience using Eclipse (or other IDEs) and Version Control software (Git, SVN, or similar)
- Familiarity with NGS (genomic/transcriptomic/metagenomic) data, bioinformatics tools (Samtools, Bowtie, Tophat, STAR, HISAT2, Galaxy, etc.), and Amazon AWS APIs (S3, Glacier) is a plus
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
EMMES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V