Miles & Stockbridge P.C., a 200+ law firm with offices in the Washington - Baltimore region, is seeking an Accounting Specialist to support the Accounting Department.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve Daily Wire and ACH payments from the online banking system for the operating and trust accounts.
- Post payments to accounts and enter cash receipts into the Firm’s accounting software system (LMS).
- Research and resolve client payment discrepancies.
- Process client credit card payments.
- Prepare daily bank deposits for operating and trust accounts.
- Record daily deposits, EFTs, outgoing wires and returned checks on excel spreadsheet.
- Perform month end closing by processing trust reports, unallocated reports, post zero invoices, balance excel cash spreadsheet for operating account, balance transit in refund and escrow accounts
The ideal candidate must have 2+ years of experience working in a corporate law firm accounting department. The candidate should have strong attention to detail, time management skills, ability to handle and maintain confidential information, excellent interpersonal skills and proficient in Microsoft Office .
To Apply for this position:
Please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com EOE