Assistant Operations Manager of Computing and Cyber Lab Services
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Howard Community College's Business and Computer Systems Division is seeking an Assistant Operations Manager of Computing and Cyber Lab Services to support its cyber-security, technology labs and 3-D Innovation Hub.
Job responsibilities include providing operational support to the Manager of Computing and Cyber Lab Services including some supervision, administration and hands on tasks in the various labs. This position works very closely with the Manager of Computing and Cyber Lab Services to ensure that all of the computing related services associated with associated with maintaining the lab and lab equipment, working with students in the lab and interacting with faculty and staff are well planned and implemented.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree preferred
- The successful candidate must have strong communication skills
- Minimum of two years of experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced IT help desk or System Administration environment
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred. Experience in an academic environment is helpful
Skills and Certifications:
- Detailed knowledge of data networking systems and Linux server operating systems administration, including client-server and network security environments (CISSP desired)
- Knowledge of AWS, Vmware and Hypervisor (preferred)
Extensive familiarity with:
- Computer and network operating systems (proprietary and open source)
- Computer system image creation and deployment techniques
- Most diagnostic software, network security equipment and software such as firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Network penetration and hardening techniques
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Hours Per Week: 25
Work Schedule: Flexible on Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm with the possibility of some evenings and weekends.
Grade: Part time, no benefits
FLSA Status: Not exempt from over time
Open Until Filled
For best consideration submit application by: March 10, 2017
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.