Security Control Assessor II - Secret - Crystal City, VA
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must meet the DoD 8570.01/DoD 8140 IAM Level II compliant at date of hire.Experience with Information Assurance (IA) vulnerability scanning software tools, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), and applying IA Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) patchesExperience creating and maintaining various security documents such as the Security Control Plan/Vulnerability Security Review (SCP/VSR), System Backup and Recovery Plans (SBRP) and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) tables
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program (SAP) Information and/or
- Eligibility for Special Compartmented Information (SCI),
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph and
- Have a Periodic Reinvestigation no older than five (5) years.