Sr. Finance Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors
- Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
- Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Analyzes assigned contracts' projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization.
- Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
- Participates in the preparation of cost proposals.
- Conducts audits and analysis of their organization's direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
- May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 5-8 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
- Experience with Ad Hoc reporting
- Experience with variance analysis reporting
- Exeprience with Oracle Financials, Excel, Powerpoint