Records Management Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
About Web is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Records Management Specialist in Washington, DC.
General Description of Duties:
• Reviewing current business processes and recommending improvements to processes to support business activities to ensure compliance with records and information management requirements.
• Providing input into developing and modifying records systems to meet end-user needs while ensuring compliance with records and information management requirements.
• Developing records retention and disposition schedules for records in all formats or media.
• Providing expert advice and consultation to ensure that records creation, maintenance, use, and disposition are in accordance with relevant guidelines and are legally sufficient.
• Providing expert advice, guidance, technical assistance, and training to managers to develop and implement records management processes.
• Conducting records inventories, analyze and categorize records for records retention schedules, and as necessary, submit SF-115s for approval.
• Preparing professional quality fact sheets, presentations, brochures, and training materials.
• Working directly with agency personnel to integrate records management policies and requirements into electronic recordkeeping systems.
• Working with individual departments in the following areas:
o Identification of vital records.
o Recommendation of proper procedures/equipment for protection for vital records in the office environment.
o Establishment of rotation procedures, both for in-house and offsite storage of vital records.
• Recommending changes to or creation of processes and procedures supporting the records program, including electronics records and information governance.
• Training end users in records management responsibilities, processes, and procedures.
• Inspecting and preparing boxes of federal records received for scanning and making sure that they are accurate and appropriate for scanning.
• Indexing of records, ensuring that the metadata is entered correctly and that all records are captured correctly.
• Indexing, preparing, and shipping boxes of records to the Federal Records Center.
• Organizing original records and filing when necessary.
Experience should include working closely with technical staff to ensure that the records management application (Content Server/Livelink or similar system) is configured such that it supports the business needs of the client's records center and the center's customers; research & analysis of complex records management issues and problems and making recommendations based on research conducted; coordinating, reviewing and approving records disposition schedules for NARA submission; and preparing professional quality fact sheets, presentations, brochures, and training materials. The Analyst should have extensive and recent knowledge of the Federal Records Act, NARA regulations, policy and guidance, compliance requirements, federal records management, federal recordkeeping practices. Familiarity with document management processes, procedures and supporting applications (i.e., Content Server/Livelink) is also required. A knowledge and familiarity with “e-Discovery”, the Freedom of Information Act, and the Privacy Act is strongly desired but not required. The Analyst must possess a demonstrated capacity to analyze, review, and occasionally apply technology solutions which meet the security control requirements specified by the Department of Energy and NARA guidance. Superior technical, writing, and presentation skills are required, as well as excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, the ability to multitask, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Occasional travel between sites in the Washington Metro area is required.
Security clearance: Must be able to obtain and continue to hold a DOE public trust clearance for records positions