AD, Fin. Aid Comp and QA
Assistant Director, Financial Aid Compliance and Quality Assurance
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director, Financial Aid Compliance and Quality Assurance in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Director, Financial Aid Compliance and Quality Assurance, the Assistant Director, Financial Aid Compliance and Quality Assurance will be responsible for the operation and management of a comprehensive quality assurance plan within the Financial Aid Office - including the daily supervision of staff that completes quality assurance checks, preparing reports to notify all stakeholders of QA outcomes, and providing technical guidance on federal and state regulations and institutional policies and procedures. The Assistant Director will also collaborate with managers from all units within Financial Aid to evaluate evolving QA needs as regulations and office procedures change. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide daily management and training for the staff that completes quality assurance reviews.
- Identify areas of development for QA staff and coordinate with other managers within the office to ensure that all members of the unit are current on all office procedures.
- Create weekly, monthly and cumulative quality assurance reports and ensure timely delivery to office managers.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid in order to collaborate closely with the Director of Financial Aid Compliance and Quality Assurance to develop and maintain continuous improvements to the quality assurance plan.
- Document all quality assurance processes, and ensure that all pertinent policies and procedures are current.
- Identify areas within the office that require systematic refinement and provide assistance with improvement testing.
- Coordinate off cycle review of populations identified for internal and external audits.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Four (4) years of professional experience in higher education, banking, accounting, business or customer service with a minimum of 3 of those years in a higher education financial aid environment with progressively responsible mentoring/training experience.
- Thorough knowledge of federal regulations as they pertain to Federal Title IV fund management.
- Excellent organizational management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to; Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with a strong commitment to customer service.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior management experience.
- Functional experience with PeopleSoft.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.