As a Network Engineer, the candidate must have the experience and ability to provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment, both garrison and deployed, for all levels of security classification. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
As AISR Monitoring Team Member:
-Perform on the AISR Monitoring Team, providing requested information to the USG AISR Watch lead verbally or via typical IT communications
-Monitor AISR products and provide information on associated platforms and AISR production contact information
-Provide input to the AISR Monitoring Team Lead for SOPs, Deployment Guides, and daily Operational Checklists/TTPs for AISR Monitoring activities
-Provide information and data for status reports as requested for the AISR Monitoring Team Lead and/or the USG AISR Watch lead
-Monitor projected and scheduled Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs) to determine impact to AISR missions and supported organizations
As Network Engineer
* Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructure
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
* Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities
Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* May provide technical support and troublesh ooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Two years of additional experience above and beyond the position experience requirements can be substituted for one year of formal education
* Applicable IT industry-recognized DoDD 8570 certification required
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
* ITIL v3 Foundations preferred 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design
* Working familiarity with ISR/AISR platforms and data production
* Rudimentary, working knowledge with ISR/AISR platforms and data production
* Advanced and specialized training in networks/systems engineering and administration
* Demonstrated proficiency in layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing; design of complex routing and switching schemes to support changing environments
* Demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP; STP; VTP; ACLs; and Layer 3 tunnels and must understand how to monitor network devices to perform fault and root cause analysis
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles; methods; and techniques used in network administration and support
* Comprehensive knowledge of routers; switches; patch panels; concentrators; associated terminals; and related network hardware and software
* Experience with installation configuration and maintenance requirements of end-user devices; automatic call distribution systems; load balancing techniques and server operations.
* Experience with installation; configuration and maintenance requirements of end-user devices (including desktop systems); video bridges and single/multi-point control units
* Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Special Operations community; operations; processes and culture
* Must possess ability to write reports professionally and create technical documentation as required
* Active TS/SCI Seccurity Clearance is required
* Familiarity with military deployed environments
* This position will require shift and weekend work
* The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment