Manager of Nursing
The Psychiatric Institute of Washington (PIW) is seeking a Manager of Nursing to join our team. This full time position will be located at the United Medical Center (UMC) in Washington, DC. The Manager of Nursing will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of nursing care to patients that is congruent to the philosophy and standards of practice defined by the Nursing Department at PIW and UMC. Provides for the continuity of care of assigned patients and uses the nursing process and a holistic conceptual framework in the development of nursing care plans that address the patient's needs.
- Plans, organizes and supervises nursing department operations
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of patient care
- Selects, orients and supervises staff
- Interface with the Medical Director of Behavioral Health at UMC, UMC Nursing Management, staff and patients
- Provides departmental and hospital leadership