Position Description: Serves as Functional Analyst to the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Defense Exports and Cooperation (DASA DEC) Directorates (NI/NC/NP). The selected individual will report directly to the Division Director for functional assignments, and will support all members of the team.
- Tracks incoming suspense correspondence assigned to the Directorate, using the HQDA Tracking System by maintaining an accurate suspense status listing. Incumbent incorporates staff actions assign tasker numbers and suspense dates, scan in complete package, close out actions upon signature of Senior Officials and make distribution. Incumbent is able to respond to routine inquires on actions and their status. Assists the Executive Officer in providing technical assistance and guidance to directorate's action officers on preparation, coordination and administrative processing actions. The incumbent notifies action officers of upcoming suspense items requiring the Deputy or Executive Officer's personal involvement/approval and ensuring all suspense's are completed in a timely manner and cleared from the tracking systems. Reviews completed actions for priority, content, security markings, and to ensure that issues are correctly addressed, and that necessary levels of staff coordination have been accomplished. Return to originator those actions requiring additional staff coordination or improvement in the basic correspondence.
- Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects as assigned by the DASA DE&C Division Chief and Government team members supported.
- Analyzes FMS Library Database, and updates as needed
- Analyzes Sharepoint Database, and updates as needed.
- Develops Read-Ahead packages for DASA and Army senior leaders. Which requires analysis of Army and DOD databases to pull information to inform senior Army executives.
- Assists DOD and contractor analysts working on various tasks, as assigned.
- Researches, identifies, and assists in the formulation of recommendations about courses of action to recommend solutions to tasks as assigned.
- Participates in the development of tracking systems or updates tracking systems to meet client needs. Tracks assigned tasks, interacts with assignees to ensure assigned actions are completed on time
- Assists with meeting planning.
- Coordinates meetings and ensure room/teleconference is prepared and all visual equipment is set up. This includes making arrangements for teleconferences and meetings held within DASA DEC to include: ensuring the distribution of the meeting information to all invitees, arranging meeting rooms, making placards for attendees (as required), arranging for briefing presentations, writing and coordinating meeting minutes (as required), keeping track of action assignments and distributing minutes and briefing materials after the meeting is concluded.
- Provides escort support for visitors. Assist Directorate personnel in managing visits to DASA DEC. This includes arranging pick-up times, escorting visitors, maintaining their whereabouts when within the DASA DEC space, ensuring they have access to computers (if authorized) and etc. (as required).
- Prepares minutes and records actions are required.
- 2-5 years of related experience including Export Control Analyst Experience.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, work processes, and applicable regulations in assigned subject-matter area(s)
- MUST have ACTIVE Secret Clearance