COOK, GRILL (FULL TIME) - McLean, VA
- We have an opening for a Ful Time COOK, GRILL position.
- Location: McLean, VA, 22102. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday thru Friday 6:30AM - 3:00PM.
- Requirement: 5 years hot food preparation required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks - only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring - today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares food and serves customers at the grill station in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes orders from customer and prepares items requiring short preparation. Completes orders from steam tables and serves customers at multiple stations.
- Serves customers in an efficient, friendly manner following established steps of service meeting outlined standards. Ensures food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket-collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Uses approved recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with established safety standards.
- Stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping, dating and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas, equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
- Resolves customer concerns and reports relevant information and concerns to supervisor.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.