The American Gas Association, founded in 1918, represents more than 200 local energy companies that deliver clean natural gas throughout the United States. There are more than 73 million residential, commercial and industrial natural gas customers in the U.S., of which 95 percent — more than 69 million customers — receive their gas from AGA members. AGA is an advocate for natural gas utility companies and their customers and provides a broad range of programs and services for member natural gas pipelines, marketers, gatherers, international natural gas companies and industry associates. Today, natural gas meets more than one-fourth of the United States' energy needs.
AGA is looking for a Network Administrator to provide management of and administrative support for our network infrastructure and staff. Primary responsibilities will consist of configuring, implementing and maintaining network devices, perform monitoring and troubleshooting functions, as well as, providing health assessment, capacity and performance metrics to IT management. This position is a key member of the IT Team and reports to the Director, Information Technology.
- Monitoring AGA’s technology infrastructure, ensuring uptime/availability and maintaining performance levels to satisfy usage requirements (including servers, network components, internet access, connectivity to data center, cloud-based systems)
- Resolving outage issues
- Network Capacity Monitoring and Planning
- Hardware and Software Lifecycle Management
- Proactive Infrastructure support and server patching
- Work with internal product and third party vendors to resolve issues
- Supporting AGA staff in the use of all information technology systems
- Testing patches in controlled test environment and implementing across network
- Monitoring IDS, IPS, enterprise antivirus, syslog server, vulnerability scanner, and other security tools and responding to alerts as appropriate
- Assisting with major projects such as upgrading server operating systems
- Automating manual tasks via scripts
- Evaluating and recommending hardware and software systems and modifications
- Serving as contact with technology vendors
- Train and mentor junior networking administrator
- Flexibility to perform some work outside of normal business hours and on weekends
- Must have own transportation with the ability to travel to off-site co-location area as needed
- Experience in configuring and managing VPN, QoS, OTV, firewall policies, and VLANs
- Strong working knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewall and wireless controllers (Cisco 2000/3000 switches, Cisco series routers, Nexus 3000 series switches, ASA5500 series firewall, Cisco 2500 wireless controller)
- Experience working with Cisco IOS 14
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networks, DNS, DHCP, FTP
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Local area network technologies (TCP/IP, VLAN, OSPF, strong understanding of layer 1 through 4 of ISO
- Server operating systems (Windows 2012, 2008, CentOS, etc.)
- Network security (Cisco ASA firewalls, VPN, McAfee E-Policy Server/VirusScan, Snort NIDS, Tripwire Enterprise HIDS, SourceFire/Cisco FirePower NIPS, etc.)
- Familiarity with web servers and associated technologies (IIS, Apache, WSGI, SSL, SharePoint, etc.)
- Peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Client operating systems (Windows 7, Mac OSX, etc.)
- Familiarity with hybrid Office 365 environments and Azure.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is highly preferred
- CompTIA Security+ and Network+ are also desired
Minimum four (4) years’ experience in systems administration and networks. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience. Industry certifications a plus. Trade association experience desirable.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Network Administrator in the subject line.