EMILY's List Summer 2017 Intern
2 days left
- Full Time
EMILY's List, the nation's largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates - making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns - and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have trained nearly 10,000 women to run and helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY's List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color - including every single Latina, African American, and Asian American Democratic congresswoman currently serving.
EMILY's List interns have the opportunity to do substantive work, while gaining in-depth experience in the political sector. EMILY's List offers full-time internships in nine departments. Every intern leaves EMILY's List ready for life on the campaign trail after attending a full-day intensive training that will equip them with skills for beginning a career in campaigns.
Duties may include
• Working with the communications department to create and maintain press lists;
• Sustaining communication with Friends of EMILY monthly donors and tracking donor requests;
• Working closely with departments on event logistics and planning;
• Participating in weekly digital team content brainstorms;
• Helping design branded email marketing graphics to raise money for EMILY's List and our endorsed candidates;
• Organizing and maintaining candidate information files;
• Assist with check processing procedures in order to meet FEC compliance requirements;
• Preparing candidate and opponent background research memos;
• Researching voting rules, regulations and timelines in key states.
The ideal candidate must be incredibly organized; able to work both independently and on a team; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; and show strong attention to detail. Strong written and oral communication skills are required. We seek candidates with the ability to make good judgment and maintain confidentiality. An interest in electing pro-choice Democratic women required.