Criminal Justice and Re-entry Research Intern
4 days left
- Full Time
Mission: Launch, Inc. is seeking an intern to assist in research and publishing activities, 20 - 25 hours per week. Specifically, you will be asked to:
- Researching and writing for the Mission: Launch blog
- Update and organize the Social Justice Database and help prepare it for a public release (60% of time);
- Compiling data from multiple sources into spreadsheets for analysis.
- Producing information for articles, software, websites and events.
- Assisting with events and other programmatic activities.
- Other responsibilities as requested
- Research and build a Dropbox library of relevant academic papers;
- Create a database of potential outlets/publishers for future scholarship produced by the founder;
- Compile various datasets and offer analysis about topics that can be advanced in regards to criminal justice reform, specifically re-entry;
- Assist in the creation of content for Medium, social media as well as outside outlets;
- Coordinate joint research efforts with industry leaders.
The Position Qualifications & Preferences
- Willing to spend significant time researching and comfort with online searches
- Access to a university library system
- Eagerness to be sent to learn offsite (local/regional travel stipends available)
- Experience working on a laptop, tablet and mobile device
- Comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations
- Graduate level public policy, business, communications, sociology student preferred
The General Qualifications
- Passionate about criminal justice and/or human rights
- Empathetic person with cultural sensitivity
- Strong command of English language and written communication
- Comfortable with Google products (example: Google Drive/Suite, Google Ads, Google Hangout)
- Self-starter, able to work on projects independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to ask questions, open to learn
- Flexibility personality, open to a growing organization
Mission: Launch works out of WeWork Dupont Circle as well as Impact Hub Baltimore. There will be occasions to work from home, meet remotely as well as spend time in the office around other entrepreneurs, sole proprietors and creatives.
We have a professionally casual dress code (with occasional business dress required for special events). For those who choose to stick around there is an opportunity for mentorship and professional career development support beyond Mission: Launch.
Although this is an unpaid position, interns can expect:
- To work a minimum of 20 hours a week, with flexibility around hours and the ability to work remotely
- To receive hands-on work experience
- To have the opportunity to expand their professional networks
- To have high levels of autonomy and flexibility within their role
- To attend criminal justice events and gain training beyond the internship. We will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals.