7 days left
- Full Time
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university or the equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Certification as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), preferred.
- Has successful experience in public sector purchasing; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform effectively in the position.
- Possesses excellent organizational ability and the skill to manage diverse and complex assignments; multiple projects; a record of employment that verifies a high level of reliability, attention to detail, good judgment and the ability to work effectively within a diverse organization.
The Procurement Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Procurement Director with the procurement function (except for capital construction) for Loudoun County Public Schools and the management and evaluation of procurement staff.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the competitive procurement process to determine the method of procurement to be utilized for the source selection of high profile and complex projects, goods, and services, in compliance with the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA) and School Board policy
- Oversight of the solicitation process to include development of specifications, scope of work, invitation for bid/request for proposal criteria; providing direction as to most efficient procurement method and proper preparation of procurement documents; review of procurement requests for adequacy and completeness; make revisions to submissions to ensure compliance with legal requirements, best procurement and standard business practices; and issue recommendations to Procurement Director as to award of vendor solicitations and contracts
- Identify, evaluate, and coordinate cooperative procurements to increase office efficiency and save taxpayer dollars; Approve purchase orders exceeding $5,000 and review for compliance with VPPA and School Board policy including appropriate use of LCPS and other jurisdictions contracts
- Train and assist procurement staff in securing complex purchases in compliance with policies and procedures using automated procurement systems
- Act as team leader for process improvement, automation, and change management; oversee and manage the re-engineering of purchasing processes and services throughout the division; Supervise, coordinate and evaluate performance of assigned staff
- Oversee the furniture, fixture, and equipment for the opening of new schools, programs and renovations.
- Assist Procurement Director with creation and maintenance of a vendor relations program, replacement of obsolete online bidding system; development of the office direction, priorities, goals and objectives to meet school system needs; implementation of internal office systems to effectively meet operating goals and objectives; development of internal policies and operating procedures; and train internal and external staff to effectively carry out procurement functions
The Procurement Supervisor reports to the Procurement Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
(Based on 2016-2017 Salary Scale)
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
Start Date: July 1, 2017