Information Security Analyst TS/SCI Req'd
* Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
4-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
* DOD 8570 - Security + CE
* Certified Ethical Hacker v. 9 (CEH)
Shift work: Shift work is on a Panama Schedule.
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Tues, Wed Off - Tues, Wed
Off - Thur, Fri Work - Thur, Fri
Work - Sat, Sun, Mon Off - Sat, Sun, Mon
Off - Tues, Wed Work - Tues, Wed
Work - Thur, Fri Off - Thur, Fri
Off - Sat, Sun, Mon Work - Sat, Sun, Mon
Days - 6am to 6pm
Mids -- 6pm to 6am (Shift differential)
Rotation between shifts is every two months.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.Position also requires Certified Ethical Hacker v.9.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI. and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.