Cyber Security Engineer with TS/SCI Clearance
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specializ ed training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
The client's New Campus East (NCE) Active IT Program was established to provide the IT infrastructure services required to build, maintain, and protect the NCE facilities. O&S Senior Level HBSS/Security Systems Engineer expertise is required to deploy and manage the HBSS architecture and to respond to malicious cyber activities as required. Standard work week with on-call support as required for high priority events.
Responsibilities will include:
* Maintain and administer the HBSS operations for the campus wide Enterprise computing systems
* Install HBSS agent and modules to servers and end user machines (modules: ACCM,DLP,HIPS,MOVE,PA,RSD,VSE)
* Respond to escalated support requests for technical assistance
* Validate and coordinate HBSS scheduled maintenance
* Create custom queries to meet varying informational demands
* Maintain and administer the campus wide Enterprise computing systems to meet the DoD mandated security requirements and directives
* Create custom Firewall policies and work with Cybersecurity and CERT teams to identify, configure and apply host based IPS signatures to protect against zero-day threat
* Create firewall and IPS exclusions based on customer demand and the C&A approval process
* Work with the Remedy trouble ticket system to coordinate troubleshooting efforts with the end user and their varying issues
* Troubleshoot VM and SQL issues that conflict with the basic functionality of ePO
* Understand NCE-Active IT system requirements and it relates to HBSS Security
* Understand client's operational and sustainment methodologies and processes.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Successfully passed DISA HBSS Administration course
* 2+ years McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator administration experience
* Experience configuring and deploying McAfee HBSS Modules
* Experience with Windows Active Directory and Unix/Linux system administration
* Experience with MSSQL - Must be able to meet DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification requirements within 6 months
* Top Secret clearance required, SCI preferred (must be eligible to obtain SCI)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.