Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable
3 days left
- Full Time
Child Trends is looking for an Accountant who can handle Accounts Payable and grow into other duties within our accounting team. Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, this position will initially focus on the processing of AP but once mastery of AP has been proven, more responsibility will be given. The position involves handling highly confidential and sensitive information and interaction with staff at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. This is a permanent full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval ;
- Responsible for coding and processing expense reports and check requests;
- Set up, update and maintain vendors, consultants and subcontractors files;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- Prepare annual 1099’s;
- Assist with preparing and mailing invoices to funders;
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- At least 2 years of direct related work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Familiar with the Federal Travel Regulation (GSA per diem rates)
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Ability to work well with others and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Keen attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be very efficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn quickly
How to Apply:
Complete the online application directly on our website. The system will not allow more than one file to be uploaded, so materials must be combined into one document in order to be uploaded. When asked by the system to upload resume, please upload one document that includes your resume and cover letter. If you have any difficulties with this process please email the requested materials to email@example.com and make sure to reference the position in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters please!
Child Trends, founded in 1979, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to improving the lives of children by conducting research and providing science-based information to improve the decisions, programs, and policies that affect children. With annual revenue of $15 million and 125 employees, our clients include federal, state and local government agencies, foundations, and service providers. Our headquarters is located in Bethesda, Maryland, with offices in Minneapolis and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In 2016 we were recognized as both a Great Place to Work and listed 2nd in the list of 100 Best Workplaces for Women.