Director of Superintendent Operations
Since 1998, Bognet Construction successfully builds fast-track commercial interiors and base building projects ranging in size from a few thousand square feet to over 250,000 square feet. At Bognet, we know that when it comes to construction, customers do not like surprises. We work tirelessly to anticipate things that might go wrong or delay a project. We develop solutions to make sure that issues never become problems. We call this being "relentlessly proactive" and hold ourselves to this standard in everything we do. This focus on being "relentlessly proactive," allows Bognet to provide unmatched quality and service to our customers.
Must have commercial tenant interior experience. Candidates living outside the Washington DC metropolitan area will not be considered.
Summary: The Director of Superintendent Operation’s role is to oversee field operations and ensure that construction projects are successfully completed on time and within budget, while meeting safety and performance requirements. The Director of Superintendent Operations directly supervises all Superintendents/Field Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads, directs and mentors Superintendents/Field Staff modeling the Bognet Way.
- Serves as a liaison between Management and Superintendents/Field Staff.
- Orients and trains all new Superintendents/Field Staff; Provides initial equipment set-up; Manages personnel development, Sets annual performance goals and reviews performance appraisal.
- Mentors Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents in order to promote their development.
- Meets with each member of their team at least once a month for One-on-One Meetings.
- Responsible for participating in Project Debrief Meetings.
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision assisting with difficult construction, insuring proper job start-up.
- Makes regularly scheduled visits to jobsites to perform walkthroughs; monitors construction progress and quality control and ensure compliance with safety standards; monitors job site office organization and signage.
- Assists with providing technical assistance (interpretation of drawings, recommendation of construction methods and equipment, etc.) as required.
- Ensures all company policies, procedures and standards are adhered to by Superintendents/Field Staff.
- Assists with implementation of safety policies and training; Participates in safety/incident investigations and review.
- Manages the Superintendent schedule for all projects. Responsible for pairing Project Managers and Superintendents to ensure a successful project.
- Develops training programs for the improvement of all field personnel to include Quarterly Superintendent Meetings and All Hands Meetings.
- Works closely with the Director of Human Resources to document and resolve personnel issues.
- Assists with recruiting efforts; participates in screening and interviewing candidates.
- Meets with Executive Management Team weekly to review jobsite issues and superintendent schedule.
- Reviews daily reports for detail and accuracy randomly. Follows up with Superintendents/Project Managers to ensure issues are resolved.
- Maintains and updates inventory of jobsite tools/equipment to include: tools, signs, vacuums, gang boxes, reusable protection, heaters, and sweeping compound/filter media).
- Reviews all team Home Depot Invoices monthly.
- Reviews and monitors two week look ahead with Superintendents.
- Oversees punchlist completion and signs off on all projects.
- Manages the carpenter schedule as needed.
- Exits employees upon termination; collects & inventories company equipment and tools.
- Evaluates company truck presentation and recommends maintenance and repair.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
College Education Desired. Minimum of fifteen years of verifiable experience in a supervisory role; Experience managing a team of Superintendents in a similar role; Ability to read drawings/specifications. OSHA certified. First Aid/CPR certified.
Demonstrates group presentation skills. Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically, Outlook, Excel and Project.
Bognet Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or age.