Full-Time Medical Assistant at Maternal-Fetal Medicine Associates of Maryland
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Associates of Maryland is seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant to join our passionate and dedicated team. The applicant must have a valid certificate/diploma from an accredited medical assistant program, as well as current certifications in CPR, HIPAA and OSHA. Prior experience in OB/GYN is strongly preferred.
The available position is for a Certified Medical Assistant who will serve as a fundamental part of our growing, high-risk, perinatology practice. Our state-of-the-art facility provides services to the Washington D.C. metropolitan region and the surrounding areas. Our unique practice works from one Rockville, MD-based location.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Obtaining and recording patient vitals
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens/ phlebotomy
- Instructing patients on proper medication administration and special diets/ diabetic patients
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by physician
- Assisting with administrative office duties
- Properly documenting procedures and interactions in patient medical record
- Authorizing prescription refills as directed
The ideal candidate will be compassionate and dedicated. The individual will possess knowledge of medical terminology and insurance requirements; will be detail oriented, dependable and will have the ability to adapt to changes in the fast-paced environment of maternal-fetal medicine.
The medical assisting position at Maternal-Fetal Medicine Associates of Maryland comes with a generous compensation package including, health, dental and retirement benefits.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to this ad