Human Resources Assistant
This position provides administrative support to the HR Business Partners, Benefits, and the HR Leadership Team. Assist with various HR activities supporting the operations of the HR office. Sample duties include: printing out and filing personnel actions, filing other personnel and benefits documents, scheduling candidate interviews, monitoring internship deadlines, and assist with the logistics and advertising of benefits brown bag programs. This position will serve as primary back-up with front desk coverage.
This position is expected to exhibit some independence and responsibility when processing documents, entering data, and preparing reports and products for the HR Business Partners, Benefits, and HR Leadership Team, yet remain open to guidance from the Benefits Office and HR Business Partners. The incumbent will be required to integrate information and make some judgments under guidance from supervisor.
The incumbent of this job is not eligible for telecommuting due to the nature of the job.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of office experience with at least one year in a Human Resources environment.
- Minimum high school degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office (includes Word and Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Able to create documents in Sharepoint for internal communication
- Some HRIS experience preferred
- Business Partner Support: Completes administrative tasks such as: Uploading JDF on the intranet, scheduling applicants for interviews, monitoring JOBS at APA mailbox, completing reference checks, completing various onboarding tasks, printing out and filing personnel actions, filing other personnel documents, conducting exit interviews, organizing in-person Workplace Conduct classes for new hires and supervisors, creating presence on APA intranet for various BP activities such as recruiting, new hire information, generating ad hoc and routine reports from the HRIS system.
- Internship administrative support: Monitor submitted intern paperwork in coordination with Business Partner, confirming accuracy of submitted documents for paid and unpaid internships, assigning job codes, and assisting with completing intern hire paperwork. Create intern spreadsheet listing all active interns, managers, job codes, end dates, and informing Business Partners as interns end date approaches in case an extension is needed. Complete termination of interns in the HRIS.
- Benefits Support: Completes administrative tasks such as: filing benefits documentation, assisting with the logistics and advertising of benefit brown bag programs, preparing benefit packages for new hires first day of work, tracking open enrollment forms
- General Office Administrative Support: Creation and maintenance of employees files including archiving, confirming and tracking receipt of submitted forms, creating and processing HR related forms (wage forms, temporary staff forms) assuring proper approvals are obtained, assist with maintaining handbooks (e.g. -HR Policies and Procedures), preparing correspondence, and maintain personnel files and all HR documents in compliance with applicable legal requirements (e.g. I-9 forms).
- Other duties as assigned: To include but not limited to front desk coverage, and employment verifications.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA's applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law