- Emergency management and COOP testing, training, and exercise design and delivery experience-preferably with an Intelligence Community or DoD agency
- Develop and execute emergency management preparedness and COOP plans
- Design, develop, and execute complex emergency management and/or COOP tabletop and full-scale exercises
- Develop complex briefing materials for US Government senior leaders
Author, maintain, and ensure approval for Enterprise EM and Crisis Response Team (CRT) policies. Host quarterly enterprise EM meetings with EM POCs from across the enterprise. As directed by the USG Program Manager and as budgets permit, plan, prepare, and administer annually an enterprise EM training conference for site EM POCs. Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to EM POCs to help them develop installation EM plans for each site. Serve as a resource to review site EM policy and program documents and assist site EM POCs and provide subject matter expertise to plan, develop, and execute EM and COOP exercises as directed by the USG Program Manager. Ensure ongoing enterprise-wide compliance with D/MS&O Letter of Instruction, DoDI 6055.17, and any future federal EM requirements. Ensure execution of enterprise-wide emergency management strategy. Participate in IC/DoD or other USG EM meetings as directed by the USG Program Manager. Prepare and submit all required data and reports pursuant to emergency management regulations, infectious disease directives, and COOP reporting requirements. Update annually enterprise EM exercise calendar. Biennially collect and review site installation emergency management plans and other documents as directed by USG Program Manager. Produce all CEMP deliverables in accordance with CDRL 016.
Additional duties include:1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s), including contract and subcontractor management. 2. Supervises assigned staff. 3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting. 4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned task(s). 5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload. 6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison. 7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client. 8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products. 9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables. 10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Certified Business Continuity Planner
- 3 recent years of emergency management and COOP testing, training, and exercise design and delivery experience-preferably with an Intelligence Community or DoD agency
- 5 years of recent experience developing and executing emergency management preparedness and COOP plans
- Proficient experience designing, developing, and executing complex emergency management and COOP tabletop and full-scale exercises
- Demonstrated experience developing complex briefing materials for US Government senior leaders
- Proficient computer/technology skills using business software products
- Able to travel to domestic and overseas locations. sometimes on short notice
- FEMA certification as an Exercise Practitioner is preferred but not required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.