AF DCGS Principal Systems Engineer & Subject Matter Expert - TS/SCI - Robins AFB, GA
AF DCGS Principal Systems Engineer & Subject Matter Expert TS/SCI RequiredRobins AFB, GA General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need to fill a position supporting the Air Force's Distributed Common Ground Station (AF DCGS) and Air Operations Weapon Systems, as well as the Joint Space Operations Center and a segment of Cyber. This position requires the Principal Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expert to provide insight into the AF DCGS mission, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.General job responsibilities include:
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.Develops documentation on new or existing systems.Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Must have SIGINT, GEOINT, and/or ELINT experience, and a general understanding of how data fusion, including OSINT, can improve mission effectiveness.Possesses expertise in AF DCGS missions, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.Must have strong analytical skills, experience in DoDAF, and be well versed in Open Architecture and Agile development principles.Must be customer focused and possesses collaboration skills; will interface with AF customers’ and AF DCGS community members’ development, programs, and technical leadership teams.Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in preparing and presenting technical reports, briefings, and design reviews to Government and internal senior leaders.Must be able to interface with design engineers, customers, and end users.Must be willing to perform short / long term business travel (2 to 6 weeks).Create and present detailed design documents to internal and external customers.Have the ability to specify interface verification requirements and planning and executing detailed system integration activities.Have the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines as demonstrated by successful execution experience.Displays a high level of initiative and ability to deliver results on technical projects.Experience in technical support to proposals and design reviews.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Practical experience at multiple AF DCGS sites preferredAbility to Train OperatorsExperience with the following engineering tools/technologies: DOORs, ClearCase/ClearQuest, Atlassian/JIRAExperience with TOGAFExperience with the following system and software applications:
- Mission Planning and ExecutionExploitation WorkflowIESS
- Oracle SolarisOracle DatabaseWebLogicSocet GXPApache ServiceMixWebLogic portal operations
- DoD 8570 IAT II CertifiedSecurity+ (CE)MCSA: Cloud Platform, orMCSA: Server 2012/2016, orOracle Solaris 10/11 Associate, orOracle Database 11G Associate, orVMWare: VCP 5/6/7
- IAT III Certified: CISSP, CASP (CE), GCIH, GCED, or CISAMCSE: Cloud PlatformMCSE: Server 2012/2016Oracle Solaris 10/11 ProfessionalOracle Database 11G ProfessionalRMF training certificate is highly desirablePMP is highly desirable