Systems Administrator - TS/SCI req'd
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* UNIX/LINUX System Administration - Preferred
* Windows System Administration - Preferred
* Shift work (Panama Schedule - 12 hours/day for a total of 7 days over 2 week period)
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additio nal IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.
Shift work is on a Panama Schedule.
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Mon, Tues Off - Mon, Tue
Off - Wed, Thur Work - Wed, Thu
Work - Fri, Sat, Sun Off - Fri, Sat, Sun
Off - Mon, Tue Work - Mon, Tues
Work - Wed, Thu Off - Wed, Thur
Off - Fri, Sat, Sun Work - Fri, Sat, Sun
Days - 6am to 6pm
Mids -- 6pm to 6am (Shift differential)
Rotation between shifts is every two months.