Sr Network Administrator TS/SCI Req'd
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
* Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
* May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
* Day shift position (8x5).
* Experience with Cisco firewalls and products
* Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP
* Understanding of router protocols
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.