Student Trainee- Store Associate (Pathways Intern) Eastern U.S.
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed September 30, 2017, with the earliest employment start date of April 16, 2017.
The cutoff date for this announcement is April 14, 2017.
Announcement extended until 12 MAY 2017.
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
- Not Required
If you apply between February 21, 2017 - March 20, 2017, you must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by March 20, 2017 (cut-off date).
If you apply between March 21, 2017 - April 14, 2017, you must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by April 14, 2017 (2nd cutoff date).
If you apply between April 15, 2017 - May 12, 2017, you must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by May 12, 2017 (closing date of announcement).
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Schedule D, Pathway Internship Positions , https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PIP, applicants must possess 1 academic year of post-high school education by cut-off date or the closing date of this announcement.
One academic year of undergraduate education is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in an accredited college or university. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualification. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcripts in order to receive credit for that education.
Transcripts must be provided by the cut-off date or closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts, as long as they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and the list of classes and credits earned. If you provide an unofficial transcript at the time of application and you are selected, you must provide official transcripts prior to your appointment. Your educational institution can send official transcripts to DHRC-DDECAHR@DLA.MIL or 614-692-7835 (fax).
In addition to meeting the qualifications above, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements by cut-off date or the closing date of this announcement:
Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident or otherwise authorized to be employed.
Education enrollment MUST be at least half-time basis as defined by your educational institution.
Must be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in an accredited educational intuition.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
Must have at least a 2.0 grade point average at the time of appointment and throughout the duration of the internship.
This announcement establishes a register of eligible applicants to be considered for this announcement. The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on March 21, 2017. Eligibility requirements must be met by cut-off date or the closing date of this announcement, depending on when you apply.
For additional Information:
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part Time (hours may vary)
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT Authorized
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes; however some locations may be excluded
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: Work involves frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, and handling of items weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Work also involves prolonged standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, and climbing.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more information.
- Obligated Position: No
- We accept applications continuously during the open period of this announcement.
- Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
The selected candidate must sign a written Pathways Intern Participant Agreement which outlines the following information:
- Provide proof of enrollment as necessary
- Notify the agency of any change in your enrollment status, and/or work schedule
- Adhere to an established work schedule
- Adhere to the Intern Program requirements
- Participate in agency training classes or programs
- Perform successfully the assigned duties listed in your position description
- Observe all workplace rules.
Q - Nonsensitive