Digital Strategy Internship
Use your digital strategy to fight against the destruction of wildlife, racism, homophobia and transphobia, sexual assault, repeal of the Affordable Care Act, and fake news. Our work, at its core, is a fight for human rights. We stand up. We fight back. Full job description below. Please feel free to share this with folks you know as well. And happy to answer any questions.
Rad Campaign, one of the most fun web agencies that you will ever tech out with, is hiring a spring Digital Strategy Intern based in Washington, DC.
We're deeply committed to organizations that want to change the world and socially responsible businesses that want to claim their corner of it.
We advocate for laws and policies to support women, the LGBT community, and human rights throughout the world.
We fight to conserve America's national forests and wildlife. We mobilize people across the U.S. to fight for labor reform and real health care reform and much, much more.
Oh, and did we mention that we're pro-dog and pro-kittens in the office? And, we've got lots of snacks.
If you're looking to get experience creating social change with some of the best nonprofits and campaigns on this planet (Defenders of Wildlife, Communications Workers of America, Clean Water Action, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, and a whole lot more), you will love working at Rad Campaign.
We also organize and host a series of popular events, like Women Who Tech teleconferences and networking events, the Women Startup Challenge, and the Nonprofit 2.0 Unconference. We conduct our own studies on issues that are important to us, such as voter suppression, online harassment, online privacy, and the legislative war on women.
- Help draft and schedule social media for Rad Campaign + for clients.
- Assist with social media audits.
- Draft and schedule blog posts for Rad Campaign + for clients.
- Help coordinate Women Startup Challenge events and marketing.
- Monitor social media channels for best practices.
- Draft, implement, and monitor ads on social networks.
- Curate content calendars.
- Promote Rad events.
- Attend meetings with clients regarding their digital strategy.
- Research tools and apps related to social networks.
We have an incredible culture at Rad Campaign and value people over profits. You can check out our part manifesto/part culture deck here - think startup/boutique agency but without the brogrammer culture.
Our Rad Culture is Fun and Collaborative - we also like to brainstorm and create our own campaigns where we feel that we can make a difference in this chaotic world. Radsters are also:
- Creative, Social and Musical
- Innovative (not to be confused with shiny object syndrome)
- Animal Loving - we have dogs in the office and occasionally foster kittens
- Generous, Honest, and Transparent
- Foodie Lovin' and Coffee Obsessed
- Compassionate and Activist driven
Random things you will find around our office—a guitar, a bass, sketches, Girl Scout cookies, 80s trivia games, ice-cream, books on all sorts of topics, snacks, ice cream, and a Fugazi poster.
Our office is based in downtown DC in a historic converted row house. Rad Campaign values diversity on its team and is an extremely pet-friendly office.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, to email@example.com with the subject line Digital Strategy Internship.
Hours: 15-20 hours a week
Compensation: $12 hourly