Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Dean of Student Affairs, George Mason University Korea
Please Note: This is a Mason Korea, LLC position. The individual hired for this position will be a Mason Korea, LLC employee.
George Mason University Korea (GMUK) invites applications for the Dean of Student Affairs, a member of the senior administration of George Mason University Korea (GMUK).
Responsibilities: Reporting to the President of GMUK, the Dean is responsible for providing leadership and supervision for all programmatic, training and student service-related functions to optimize the student experience. The primary focal areas include: campus and student safety/well-being; legislative/regulatory compliance; development and implementation of services and programs to support student engagement, retention, persistence and postgraduation success; research, assessment and program evaluation; and act as liaison between GMUK and George Mason University administration, faculty and staff. The initial contract is for two years.
- Develop a strategic plan for enhancing student affairs programming and services that addresses academic success, personal and emotional development, career readiness, civic learning and community engagement, global and multicultural competency, and student health and well-being. Plan to be developed within the context of cultural factors and should align with projected growth in enrollment;
- Establish organizational structure and supervisory responsibilities for delivery of services and programs: counseling and psychological, sexual assault, disability, student conduct, academic integrity, wellness, alcohol and other drugs, orientation, career services, off-campus student support, student engagement, student involvement (registered student organizations, student government), campus recreation, student support, academic support services, and career development center among others;
- Conduct a comprehensive review of all GMUK University Life and university policies and procedures and identify revisions needed to achieve more effective translation and application to GMUK population and environment while maintaining adherence to standards. Develop and implement plan for ongoing review and revisions as needed;
- Develop and oversee implementation of robust on-site training to faculty, staff, student leaders and general student population in all relevant areas, including but not limited to: disability, mental health and suicide prevention, academic integrity, student conduct, sexual assault/interpersonal violence, alcohol/drug education and prevention, student engagement and diversity/inclusivity;
- Identify and address all concerns within residential housing to improve the on-campus housing experience;
- Coordinate with on- and off-campus constituencies and community leaders in developing and managing cocurricular learning, career and service opportunities;
- Identify cultural and contextual factors to inform development of programming and initiatives to promote an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students; and
- Successfully facilitate all student transition to and from GMUK and the George Mason University main campus in Fairfax, Va. Portfolio to include direct service, supervisory and administrative responsibilities, as well as on-call responsibilities to address crises and emergencies.
- An earned masters degree in higher education or a related field that will serve to enhance the stature and academic success of all university students;
- Demonstrated experience in advising, counseling, program development, global education, or a related field (a minimum of eight years is strongly desired);
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an educational setting with an ability to serve as an effective advocate for student success (a minimum of eight years of experience is strongly desired);
- Working knowledge of mandated educational policies and practices as it pertains to maintaining the well-being of the campus, including FERPA, ADA, Title IX and the Cleary Act;
- Established track record of interpreting and applying institutional policies and procedures from one context to another while maintaining adherence to appropriate standards; and
- Ability to manage difficult conversations, relationships, and other challenging situations that require thoughtful and effective communication--verbal and/or written.
- Experience with assessment practices is highly desired;
- Eight or more years of leadership experience;
- Solid administrative skills;
- Program planning and event management experience is strongly desired; and
- Ability and desire to serve as a strong advocate and coalition-builder, particularly with a range of diverse communities including students, faculty and community leaders; and
- Working knowledge of Korean culture, study abroad best practices, and/or international branch campuses.
Special Instructions : Applicants must submit the following documents by e-mail to Chair, Search Committee (email@example.com):
1. A cover letter that explains your interest in the position and highlights your relevant experience; 2. Current resume; 3. At least three references with full contact information.
References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
Review of application materials will begin March 1, 2017. Preferred start date is no later than June, 2017.
More information on GMUK can be found at: http://masonkorea.gmu.edu/.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :