Principal Database Analyst - TS SCI req'd
- Full Time
Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and management of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 /2012 and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2008R2 /2012 . Monitor and optimize the performance of the production SQL databases. Provide support to development team throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Implement and troubleshoot triggers, views, stored procedures and data integrity constraints. Ability to implement, maintain and troubleshoot SQL Server HA and database monitoring. Identify and troubleshoot database issues and the ability to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions. Perform scheduled and nonscheduled database backups and recovery with Microsoft SQL Server SSMS, or SQL CMD.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong understanding of database schema object management, data modeling and architecture
* Expert understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
* Experience with SQL clustered environments
* Exposure to Resource Governor, Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler and Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor
* Experience with applying DISA SQL 2012 STIGs
* Experience with virtual environments (VMware/Hyper-V)
* Solid understanding of Windows AD, DNS and Group Policy
* Excellent communication skills including technical writing and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
* Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience-base
* Detail oriented and able to prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines
* Exceptional problem solving and decision making capabilities, including troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving project issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement and understanding user requirements
* Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
* ITIL v3 Certification preferred
* DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
* Microsoft SQL Certifications Preferred