Sr Network Administrator - TS SCI req'd
* Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
* Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
* May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Must possess appropriate, current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluati on to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.