- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.
- The Multi-Source Integrator (MSI) Technical Data Package (TDP) effort includes collaborating with internal and external service providers to develop a set of service integration artifacts capturing the ‘bid-to’, ‘build-to’, and ‘operate-to’ processes, interfaces, and interrelationships required to effect the MSP construct.
- Support includes delivery of a set of Contract Data Requirements List items (CDRLs) documenting this effort as well as ongoing maintenance and support of this documentation.
- Desired skills include customer focus, effective writing ability, attention to detail.
Certifications:Must possess current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required ITIL Foundation v.3 Certification within sixty (60) days of Hire Date. Work Schedule - Day shift. #cjpost#dpost As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.