Java Software Engineer, Intern
7 days left
- Full Time
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company that touches the lives of millions in the Health Care Community. If you are interested in Big Data and Health Care, we can provide the perfect combination for you! Our office has a business casual dress code, is very laid back and our team spirit is evident in our everyday work environment.GDIT’s Health and Civilian Solutions Division welcomes you to apply to our Summer Internship Program. The Internship Program features: a paid internship, relevant and challenging work, personal and professional development opportunities, customer site visits socials and a Kick-Off and a Send-Off. We hope you will consider joining our team and learning more about the work we do!We are currently recruiting for a Java Software Engineer, Summer Internship position located in our Fairfax, VA office. This candidate would join a dynamic application development team in building strategic web solutions that assist in meeting our customers’ needs. We are looking a motivated individual with experience developing applications using Java technologies and supporting frameworks and who is wanting to gain real world experience working as a member of one of our development teams. Responsibilities:
- Ability to develop and design customer friendly user interfaces based on business requirements. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes to new and existing solutions.Performs quality applications testing to assure the delivery of a product that meets the user’s specifications.Completes assigned tasks, ensuring project requirements and time-lines are met
- 0-1 years of related experience supporting engineering, information technology or other technical operations.
- Java development experience
- Experience with web application development
- Strong communication skills, a strong team player; able to accept and deliver ambiguous tasks
- Ability to contribute unsolicited ideas with the team for continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, fun environment.
- Good organizational, analytic and interpersonal skills Successfully pass a background check and drug test.