Communications Associate, Biomedical Graduate Education (BGE) - Georgetown University Medical Cente
7 days left
- Full Time
Communications Associate, Biomedical Graduate Education (BGE) - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Communications Associate is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and coordination of approximately 29 individual biomedical program websites, 4 basic science department websites, and the Dean for Research (DfR) and Biomedical Graduate Education (BGE) websites. The Communications Associate's responsibilities include the design and programming including content and graphics development, streaming video, animations, and related imagery; editing and proofreading; compliance with design standards of Georgetown University and Georgetown University Medical Center; and general site maintenance. Reporting to the Director of Biomedical Graduate Education, the Communications Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Works with program coordinators at all of the BGE's affiliate programs to provide them with critical web services including training and maintenance of their existing web portals.
- Handles responsibility for designing websites, digital publications, writing, editing, and developing content for the BGE central office and the Office of the Dean for Research.
- Utilizes marketing strategies using effective solutions for website, brochures, e-mail marketing, and social media.
- Analyzes the visual communication needs for the DfR, the BGE central office, and its programs' recruitment efforts.
- Takes photos, record videos, manages the online events calendar, and completes other tasks related to the BGE office's internal and external communication efforts.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of full-time relevant professional work experience
- Comfortable working as a contributing member of a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in business writing, writing for an online reader, and English grammar
- Ability to adopt and reflect the voice, culture, and style of the originating organization
- Ability to design and create informative and engaging information graphics
- Experience taking high-quality photos and using social media platforms
- Experience in writing articles and creating compelling digital information and stories for internal and external communication efforts.
- Knowledge of AP style/journalism-style writing.
- Experience working in a Front End Development environment - particularly with the Drupal CMS
- Experience working in a technical copy writing/web marketing setting overseeing social media outreach and other online communication strategies
- Familiarity with website maintenance sites like Siteimprove and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with communications best practices such as mapping content to audience/ communications channels
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.