Intern, Gender Justice Initiative
Rights and Resources (RRI) seeks an intern to support the Gender Justice Initiative team to deliver high quality analysis and public events. The terms of employment are for a six-month assignment beginning as early as February 2017 with the opportunity for extension. We are looking for a dedicated individual who will take initiative, demonstrate responsibility, and become an integral part of our small and passionate team.
RRG needs someone with the flexibility to work independently in a highly dynamic environment while ensuring that the work is completed within established deadlines. Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and a collegial and cheerful demeanor are essential. This position is ideal for a self-starter who can prioritize competing demands and demonstrate responsibility,
This individual will report directly to the RRI Gender Justice Leader.
This is a part-time, paid internship based in Georgetown, Washington D,C., with compensation at a competitive hourly rate based on skills and experience. The internship will on average require the individual to work 20-30 hours per week. Given the nature of our work, there will be periods of time where the required commitment will increase.
- Assist in the preparation of RRI's Tenure Tracking Gender Flagship Report, and other reports, including:
- Assist in drafting and editing project contracts according to organizational and donor protocols
- Assist in reviewing project contracts, proposals, and deliverables as requested
- Assist team in processing payments to grant recipients and consultants
- Provide written translation as needed
- Provide general administrative and events support for the Gender Justice Initiative and willingly undertake other tasks as requested, including:
Compiling and managing data
Data reconciliation for country analyses (in French and in English)
Compilation and finalization of report Annexes and endnotes
- Assist in the coordination of conferences, managing budgets;
- Interact with and support project researchers, managing data for the projects;
- Draft communications to the project team; update relevant areas of the website; draft, post, and maintain event pages, news blogs, and Gender Justice web pages.
Successful applicants will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or comparable field of study highly preferred
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, with attention to meticulous detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and projects in both short and long term
- Excellent writing, research, and communications skills:
- Ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct content for outreach and reporting
- Ability to edit and summarize text written by others, to make complex text more accessible without compromising message and content.
- Professional fluency in French is strongly desired
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with courteous and professional manner, and respect for other cultures
- Knowledge of Gender Justice and/or natural resource tenure issues preferred
- Strong computer skills (specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access) and internet savvy.